Arsenal’s qualification in the second place in Group H has led that you now have a 50: 50-shot at a draw against one of the two Spanish giants Manager Arsene Wenger also declare, that he no opponent fear.
“Who do I want?” As a football fan, Barcelona or Real Madrid, “Van Persie said.” “I would love to see a game against Real Madrid or Barcelona.”
With arsenal well placed in the Carling Cup and Premier League van Persie is also convinced that really, will be the season to finish a trophy, which goes back to the 2005 FA Cup drought. “We have to believe,” he said. “If you don’t believe you could also be stop to play football.”
Arsenal went second leg 6-3 against against Barcelona in the quarter-finals last season and Wenger admits that the 2009 Champions League Winners are again the Association everyone else must beat in Europe.
“The super favorites are Barcelona,” said Wenger. “I felt you us played from the park for the first 30 minutes last year.” At the end when it was 2-2, I felt when it took 10 minutes we would win the game.
“When we was there played it reversed.” “We had two top and then Messi was in top shape and made the difference on its own.”
Asked for his preference, Wenger said: “There is a chance to travel 50% after Spain and a 50 percent chance travel to Germany.” You might want to Spain not necessarily to go for us.
“What I know is that we qualified for 11 years running from the group stage and let’s go now.” In the last 16, it is a different competition; “A Cup competition.”
Wenger began on Wednesday evening with Marouane Chamakh and Robin van Persie for the first time this season, but was critical of Arsenal’s attacking play.
There is also concern about Kieran Gibbs, which will have a scan on Thursday to determine the extent of an ankle injury.
Gibbs decided already been from the game against Manchester United on Monday with arsenal now hope that first choice left-back Gael Clichy from a bout of flu will be recovered.
- Champions League 2010: Arsene Wenger insists arsenal Partizan Belgrade reach final beat A surprise, the 2-0 refuses to-defeat in Braga, arsenal at...
- Rangers get ready for Massive Champions League Clash Preview Tommorrow night at 7:45 Rangers will kick off at...
- Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand can arsenal clash after hamstring injury against Valencia Miss. Doubtful: Injured Rio Ferdinand Miss can now USA’s top-of-the-table clash...
- Tottenham are not afraid of any club in Champions League, says defiant Peter Crouch Despite already is safe from a pace in the last...
- Champions League knockout: who has made the cut and how far you go? Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation ‘Translate’....