Featured: David Gaia is seen as the ideal replacement of Edwin van der Sar, Manchester United photo: GETTY IMAGES
Gaia, which was signed by 18.3 million pounds of Atlético de Madrid, is due to the relationship with his new teammates in Seattle this weekend after being signed by manchester united Ferguson replacement after the departure of Dutchman Edwin van der Sar.
Ferguson ignored the claims of Germany no. 1 Manuel Neuer and goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg Holland World Cup to sign of Gaia, which has yet to make his Spain senior debut after two years in the first team with Atlético.
But Ferguson, who intends to hand of Gaia debut together against the Seattle Sounders on Wednesday, believes Cech Chelsea success after arriving as a 22 years of Rennes in 2004 justified his faith in Gaia try successor to Van der Sar.
“I went to see Petr Cech was in Rennes,” Ferguson said.
“” He was 19 years old at the time and said: “Yes, it is too young”. But Chelsea bought him shortly afterwards by 7 million pounds sterling or something and it has never been out of the team.
“For young, older, no matter when you have the possibility of a goalkeeper as Petr Cech, or we know that David Gea has.”
“He is young, is fast and has fantastic presence and composure.” Your use of the ball is outstanding. So all these plus points are things that do not go away. “It is these natural things.”
Gaia is a training program customized for United to add volume to his thin frame before his first season in England.
And with the young man can not even speak English, the club has been prescribed daily language lessons to avoid communication problems with their supporters in the early stages of the new season.
Ferguson is due to Bienvenido Phil Jones, buy a 16.5 million pounds sterling of Blackburn and his fellow players for England U-21 Chris Smalling, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck to his squadron in Seattle.
Ashley Young and making his first appearance for United in 4-1 victory on Thursday against the Revolution in New England, courtesy of goals from Michael Owen, Federico Macheda (2) and Park Ji-sung, Ferguson believes his recruits new and emerging stars will be the future of the club.
Ferguson said: “we’ve only seen Ashley at the time, has been from the first day with us here.”
“Obviously, De Gea joins us in Seattle, along with Phil Jones, it would be good to get directly involved as we are not too far from the start of the season, which is why we have a bit of work to do there.”
“They are the future of the club, there is no doubt.” “With the likes of Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans, have the three best centre backs in the country: more young people.”
Meanwhile, Antonio Valencia has returned to Manchester for treatment after suffering an ankle injury in time for Ecuador in the America’s Cup.
Ferguson said: “Antonio directly back to Manchester.” He got an injury playing in the first game for Ecuador, so it is back in Manchester.
“It is nothing serious, but he would not participate in the rest of the America’s Cup, so it makes no sense in that it goes here if he is injured.”
“We have facilities to Carrington – which is the best place for him again.”
- Manchester United signing £ 18. 3 m David Gaia, then Atlético Madrid goalkeeper flies in full motion Moving: David Gaia is seen as the ideal replacement of...
- Manchester United set to get around goalkeeper David Gaia to replace Edwin van der Sar Good hands: David Gaia has been explored by Manchester United...
- Manchester United said to pay EUR 25 million for the goalkeeper’s David Spain of Gaia Spanish radio station Onda Cero said last night that they...
- Manchester United confirmed the signing of goalkeeper David Gea of Atlético de Madrid for five years An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://api.microsofttranslator.com/v1/Soap.svc....
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says the loan of two months for David Beckham is too short Administrator United Ferguson, who sold Beckham at Real Madrid in...