The Aston Villa players were furious that they led by only a goal during the break after a dominant first half but David Dunn home headed in the 85 minute to earn a draw for the selection.
“All the guys were disappointed that were not later,” said McLeish. “They were regretting and have a fight of screaming that at half-time.” But it was over and had to be concentrated in the second half.
“I want that my players require each other.” They are quite a quiet lot and, when heard them talk as they are starting to see that fire as a group.
Captain Stiliyan Petrov was still angry after the match. “Is the story of our season, be so good to be so poor,” he said. “That is why we are in this position.” We have been away with three points and we could not do it again.
“As I said to the guys, no excuses this time.” “We’re playing well and we can win games – only is getting increasingly frustrating”.
At least Villa are being driven by improved attitude of Charles N’Zogbia. After a precipitation with their manager and the public declaration of unhappiness, Villa N’Zogbia future seemed in doubt last month. Now, however, he looks back in form.
25 Years old midfielder scored his goal with a superb finish and was denied by just a second by an excellent save from Paul Robinson, Blackburn who remained in the contest.
Petrov said: “Charles is motivated to go and show of what trafficking.” He went through a difficult period and now we need for the last 11 games. “It is a strong character and some people already need to resolve.”
Blackburn face wolves following far and administrator of the part of Lancashire Steve Kean warned his players: “if we play as we did in the first half and then we are going to fight.” That is only the facts.
“You can ask any Villa midfielder and will tell you that they had the time and space to pick up his head and play any way they wanted”.
- Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Paul Robinson backed for England return after heroics against Aston Villa AppId is over the quota AppId is over the quota...
- Blackburn Rovers 1 Aston Villa 1: the match report Zog is me: Charles N’Zogbia scores for Aston Villa at...
- Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers: Preview party Aston Villa, DLDWWD: Team (4-2-3-1) 1 given; Warnock Dunne Collins...
- Aston Villa 3 Blackburn Rovers 1: match report It is a celebration: Robert Pires scored his first goal...
- Aston Villa 1 Blackburn Rovers 0: report of the party Close: Darren Bent scored the only goal of the game...