Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona, Mar 2005 Champions League second round
“Boring, boring Chelsea” rang a euphoric Mourinho joined celebrations of their players at the final whistle after John Terry tie chancelleries. Chelsea had to score four times to win, but the team were indebted to Petr Cech to some outstanding saves.
Chelsea 3 Barcelona 1, 2000 Champions League QF Apr, 1st Leg
One of the best nights in the history of Chelsea as three goals in eight minutes before half-time was surprised visitors. But Rivaldo, the world player of the year, after he scored a goal was vital to give the Catalans the momentum two weeks later; a cacophonic Nou Camp witnessing a 5-1 victory after the extension.
Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2, 2004 Champions League QF Apr, 2nd Leg
Chelsea fans still sing on the goal of Wayne Bridge final which ended 17 games unbeaten Arsenal against the Blues. A sweet night for condemned manager Claudio Ranieri – but his tinkering would lead to defeat in the semi-finals against Monaco.
Valencia 1 Chelsea 2 Apr 2007 Champions Lge QF 2nd Leg
It should be classified as one of best performances of Chelsea in the way became the first club to defeat the Spaniards at the Mestalla in Europe, thanks to Michael Essien’s last-minute winner. After the opening of Fernando Morientes, Andriy Shevchenko levelled before Essien defeated to Santiago Canizares in his nearly since.
FK Austria 1 Chelsea 1, Nov 1994 Recopa
It is not so much the performance but for a touch of individual brilliance of striker John Spencer, who finished strongly after a career from his own half sent Chelsea to the third round. A contender for one of the great efforts as soloists in Europe.
Lazio 0 Chelsea 4, Nov 2003 Champions League group stages
Hernan Crespo, Eiður Guðjohnsen, Damien Duff and Frank Lampard were the scorers, but this was another team effort magnificent which pushed Chelsea to the knockout rounds.
Chelsea 1 Stuttgart 0, possible Cup Final of 1998 Champions Cup
One of the great substitutions such as Zola, 20 seconds after his introduction, won praise from man of the match with an unstoppable shot legs right from the edge of the box. He left to Eddie Newton, Steve Clarke and Danny Granville to find European glory, less than a year before Chelsea become the first team to field a XI all foreigners.
Liverpool Chelsea 4 4, April 2009, Champions League QF, second stage
Probably one of the most entertaining games of Champions League clubs in recent times. Liverpool 3-1 at the end of the first stage, annulled the deficit with goals by Favio Aurelio and Xabi Alonso. Hold your horses! Didier Drogba, Alex and Lampard, put Chelsea 6-3 ahead before two responses from Liverpool. Lampard made sure to book a semi-final with Barcelona date.
… And one of a time missing
4 Chelsea Bruges 2 (AET) 1971
On the way to winning the European Cup Winners Cup old, a battle of harvest. Two down from the first stage, an inspired Peter Osgood returns after long suspension to help the Blues to victory.Insert Pic
- UEFA Champions League trophy is ‘Holy Grail’ for Chelsea Chelsea came within a penalty to end your search for...
- Chelsea Defeats Liverpool It was a pleasure to enjoy the good news of...
- Administrator of England Fabio Capello happy for the players take a break before the end of the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship in Poland and Ukraine “I learned a lot in the World Cup.” I learned...
- Rio Ferdinand injury problems may cost him his place with the national team of England for the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship, as well as the captaincy manchester united Defender Ferdinand, who has spent almost six weeks...
- UEFA European Football Championship (21): Guide team of Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation ‘Translate’....